DWK Life Sciences Headspace Vial
Headspace vials are characterized by a thicker wall and a rounded bottom, which makes them more resistant to pressure.
Brand: DWK Life Sciences 225607
Additional Details : Weight : 0.64700kg
Vials for gas chromatography (headspace vials) are available in different sizes and come with crimp or screw finish. Headspace vials have to withstand high internal pressure. Therefore, the wall thickness of headspace vials is higher compared to standard vials for liquid chromatography: 1.2 mm versus 0.9 mm. Headspace vials are available with flat and rounded bottom. The rounded bottom is more sturdy and therefore more resistant to the high pressure which builds up inside the vial during the heating process.
- Rounded bottoms and shoulders are more sturdy and allow for even heating and safer operation at high temperatures
- Increased wall thickness (1.2 mm) compared to standard chromatography vials (0.9 mm)
- Vials with beveled/HS finish feature a tighter seal due to a reduced sealing surface between crimp and glass
- Rounded bottom vials are ideal for automated transport: the vial drops more easily into heating blocks and racks
- Packed in re-closable, tamper-proof evident PP-boxes for protection against contamination during transportation and storage
- Can be used in combination with standard aluminum seals, magnetic seals or pressure release seals
|Borosilicate Glass (5.1)|
|Gas Chromatography (GC)|